Re: [SCM] dpkg's main repository branch, master, updated. 1.16.1.2-131-gc07f7fe

On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 10:01:25 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Dec 2011, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > +  if (!S_ISREG(stat_buf.st_mode))
> > +    ohshit(_("files list for package '%.250s' is not a regular file"),
> > +           pkg->set->name);
>
> My error message included "filelistfile" in the output. The user will want
> to look up in more details what's wrong with the file and it's a good idea
> to give him the filename IMO.

I should have noted in the commit message I modified this.

In any case, IMO the user should never have the need to touch the db,
and dpkg should do as much as possible to recover itself from any bad
situation (or avoid getting into one).

> Any reason you decided to change this ?

Consistency with all other function error messages. But then the atomic
file switch will make the errors print the actual file name, something
I currently consider a small regression.

regards,
guillem