Re: Multiarch interfaces: print foreign arches, pkgname I/O

On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 09:55:10 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> [ pkgname I/O ]

I've started another mail summarizing the viable options from the
thread, which I'll send once I wake up, too tired right now to finish
it.

In any case I just wanted to send this note meanwhile. Any front-end
that is going to pass arch-qualified package names to dpkg, to make
sure there's no ambiguity due to multiple possible instances for
example, will need to make sure it's talking to a multiarch enabled
dpkg, by way of «dpkg --assert-multi-arch».

It should then check that the return code is either 0 (success),
1 (command known, but dpkg not yet configured), or 2 (command unknown,
no multiarch support at all).

regards,
guillem