Re: Bug #583585 dpkg-maintscript-helper

On 2011/12/06 09:32PM, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:
>On 06/12/2011 21:17, Gianluca Ciccarelli wrote:
>> Hello Raphael, and hello world,
>>
>> On 2011/12/05 12:08PM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>> [...]
>>> You have to deal with multiple cases:
>>>
>>> 1/ replacing a directory with a symlink
>>>
>>>   v1 has /foo/bar as directory
>>>   v2 has /foo/bar as symlink
>>>

>> Now I have a problem :) I interpret your notation as: before, we have a
>> directory /foo/bar; after, we have a symlink /foo/bar.
>>
>> Where is the directory supposed to go after I run the script's option?
>
>/foo/bar should be a symlink to a directory, obviously. And the files
>should be moved to the inside of the directory.

Thank you Jean-Christophe,

So let me see if I got it. We want all the files in /foo/bar to be
reachable by a symlink at the same hierarchy level of /foo/bar, named,
say, `foobar'. This link is such that, if I do `ls foobar', it returns the
content (files, and directories) of /foo/bar.

I then remove /foo/bar. At this point, what's the link pointing to?

Best,

--
Gianluca Ciccarelli
http://disi.unitn.it/~ciccarelli