remaining files after an upgrade

hello

I tested one of my package (spyder) with piuparts.
The "install upgrade and purge" test failed with remaing files

13m27.1s INFO: Warning: Package purging left files on system:
  /usr/share/pyshared/spyderlib  owned by: python-spyderlib
  /usr/share/pyshared/spyderlib/doc      not owned

13m27.1s INFO: PASS: Installation, upgrade and purging tests.

doing the install test by hand, it seems that

installing and purging the old is ok (no remaining files)
installing and purging the new package is ok (no remaining files)

The problem triggered only during the upgrade

Investigating a little more on this I played with the dpkg --debug level
and I got this
D000010: process_archive: checking //usr/share/pyshared/spyderlib/doc/_sources/editor.txt for same files on upgrade/downgrade
D000010: process_archive: not removing //usr/share/pyshared/spyderlib/doc/_sources/editor.txt, since it matches /usr/share/doc/python-spyderlib/html/_sources/editor.txt
and at the end
dpkg : avertissement : impossible de supprimer l'ancien répertoire  « /usr/share/pyshared/spyderlib/doc/_sources » : Le dossier n'est pas vide
sorry for the french
it mean sorry I can not remove the directory it is not empty
indeed dpkg decided not to remove identical files during an upgrade
Is it normal ?

thanks

Frederic