Re: The trigger in your Debian packages

Hello!

I use triggers in rygel (which is a service that runs inside the user
desktop session) package to handle two things:

1) Detect changes in plugin folder and send SIGHUP to get rygel to
restart itself and activate/deactivate the newly installed/uninstalled
plugins.

2) Send SIGHUP to running rygel instances to restart itself on upgrades.

The second part could just as well be done through postinst, but since
the first part is best handled with triggers both are triggers.

The entire purpose is to make everything as seamless as possible for the
end user..... and handle potential future security updates, so people
will actually be secure after installing security updates and not have
old vulnerable services running even after installing the security
update.

On fre, 2011-06-03 at 10:24 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello,
[...]
> 1/ If your package uses the "interest" directive in the triggers files,
> is it important that the "triggering" packages that activate your triggers
> be considered as not configured (and thus not satisfying dependencies)
> until the trigger has been processed?

no

> 2/ If your package uses the "activate" directive, is it important that
> your package be considered as not configured (and thus not satisfying
> dependencies) until the trigger has been processed?

n/a

--
Regards,
Andreas Henriksson