Re: Improving pre checkin requirements for man page translations?

Hi,

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> However, when trying to "build" the translation by running:
>   git clean -d -X -f
>   autoreconf -f -i
>   ./configure
>   make -C po update-po
>   make -C dselect/po update-po
>   make -C scripts/po update-po
>   make -C man update-po
>
> it unfortunately still fails with some formatting errors.

If that's true, it's strange that none of the automatic build failed:
http://jenkins.grml.org/view/Debian/job/dpkg-source/
http://jenkins.grml.org/view/Debian/job/dpkg-binaries/

Or does it auto-disable the corresponding language without failing?

> While in principle this can be fixed (Kenshi-San, could you run the
> above sequence please and fix the errors found?) it would be great if
> the pre-checkin checks could check those as well. However, not beeing
> po errors probably this is not easy?

Well, such tests are not quick and executing them for each commit in a
hook seems sub-optimal.

It's possible to use some robot to handle the merge of new branch only
after a successul build but I think it's a bit overkill for us. And it
would also further confuse translators.

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Git+Plugin#GitPlugin-AdvancedFeatures

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

liberate it: http://debian-handbook.info/go/ulule-rh/