Improving pre checkin requirements for man page translations?

Hello,
recently the some man pages were updated which I liked a lot (guess
I'm a man page fan). Unfortunately they containted some incorrect man page
formatting commands (probably difficult to spot since the script is
not even remotely relevant to latin). I fixed what I could and had a
brief interchange with the submitter to get a proper update.

Today he provided the update, almost completing the translation at the
same time, which is great. The submitted man page passes the test as
stated in README.translators, i.e.
  $ msgmerge -U <file> dpkg.pot
  $ msgfmt -c -o /dev/null --statistics <file>
  $ msgcat <file> >/dev/null

However, when trying to "build" the translation by running:
  git clean -d -X -f
  autoreconf -f -i
  ./configure
  make -C po update-po
  make -C dselect/po update-po
  make -C scripts/po update-po
  make -C man update-po

it unfortunately still fails with some formatting errors.

While in principle this can be fixed (Kenshi-San, could you run the
above sequence please and fix the errors found?) it would be great if
the pre-checkin checks could check those as well. However, not beeing
po errors probably this is not easy?

Greetings

           Helge