Re: dpkg 1.16.1 configure

Hi!

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 10:33:28 +0200, Gabor Z. Papp wrote:
> 1.16.1 configure says:
>
> hecking dpkg cpu type... i686
> configure: WARNING: i686 not found in cputable
> checking dpkg operating system type... linux-gnu
> configure: WARNING: linux-gnu not found in ostable
> checking dpkg architecture name... configure: error: cannot determine host dpkg architecture
>
> without installed dpkg the new 1.16.1 tarball can't be
> configured/compiled due the above error.

W/o more context I can only guess, but did configure fail to find the
perl binary for any reason? Maybe you don't have it installed or you
do but in a non-standard path?

(If that's the case I should error out on that given that this would be
the second time someone reports this already.)

thanks,
guillem