Re: Declarative Diversions - GSoC Project Update 1

]] Goswin von Brederlow

| Do we even need a "Divert-To"? In most cases the new name doesn't matter
| or it is enough to know that the new name will be old name +.dpkg-divert
| or +.<package> choosen automatically.

I can imagine cases where you want to control what it's renamed to, yes.
For instance, systemd diverts /lib/lsb/init-functions in order to wrap
it.  It calls through to the original one, so knowing the name of the
original copy is important.

| With RFC2822 style it would be possible to make the Divert-To optional
| without being confusing to read or parse.

Sure, I'd be fine with it being optional if you really don't care.

--
Tollef Fog Heen