Re: Declarative Diversions - GSoC Project Update 1

]] Raphael Hertzog

| On Tue, 31 May 2011, sean finney wrote:
| > Does this mean it will not be possible to divert a file when the source
| > or destination has whitespace in it?  If so I'd suggest you also have
| > support for some backslash-type escaping.
|
| Or to use two lines instead of one. And to support multiple entries make
| the different entries separated by an empty line (so that it's possible to
| add supplementary fields in the future shall that be required).

I'd like us to go with the standard that's used in most other similar
files: RFC2822 style, so something like:

Divert-From: /usr/share/foo
Divert-To: /usr/share/bar

Divert-From: /usr/share/baz
Divert-To: /usr/share/coo

This makes it easier to figure out what the contents of the file means
when you're tired or don't care to check the documentation.

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen