Re: Semantic change for dpkg triggers?

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> My question is thus: are there triggers currently in use where this
> relaxed behaviour would be wrong? Or more simply are there packages which
> are really not working before the processing of their awaited triggers?

python-support seems to need that; python does not see files in
/usr/share/pyshared/, so until update-python-modules has run, a python
module cannot be used.

ghc libraries could need it, if any package depends on such a library
being available to be compiled against at installation time. I don't
know if any packages use ghc libraries like this currently, but I have
considered writing one that does, if I ever found the time to rewrite
ikiwiki in haskell.

--
see shy jo