Re: [RFC] Trigger directives that do not put packages in triggers-awaited

Hi,

On Fri, 20 May 2011, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
> > The new dpkg could break the packages that have to be upgraded to continue
> > to use the same semantic for the triggers, there's probably only a couple
> > of them (maybe libc6/ldconfig, update-initramfs?, what else?).
>
> python support.  I agree with Goswin --- better to use a new name.

The job to create symlinks is done in the postinst otherwise everything is
left broken for far too long. Thus I believe the trigger is not essential.
But I couldn't find any clear documentation on its role.

But of course it needs some investigation. Looking at
/usr/sbin/update-python-modules, it activates the trigger with --no-await
already...  so this one is definitely not a problem. :)

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)