Re: dotdee: a proposal for improving conffile management in Debian

sean finney wrote:

> Honestly I don't have the same recollection of that, ISTR having a some
> good back and forth, at least earlier on in the thread.  I might have
> lost some stream (and I'll admit, might have got a bit grumpy) towards
> the end though.

Yep, I was just responding to the grumpiness.  As I said, I don't
blame you for it at all.

> The feedback cycles took long enough that every time I went to
> respin the patches I'd end up with having to manually resolve
> conflicts, and for some reason these conflicts were particularly
> cumbersome to resolve.  I was hoping that we could at least agree on the
> parts that were non controversial and at the same time make it
> easier to work out the remaining implementation details.

Ah, excellent!  That gives a way forward.  I will try rerolling
against current dpkg tonight (or if someone else wants to do the same
I won't mind), and we can go from there.

Thanks again; I quite liked the general direction of that series.

Regards,
Jonathan