Understanding debdelta.

Hi all,
  Please CC me if somebody decides to respond.

As somebody who is interested in debdelta I was happy to see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2011/05/msg00006.html .

Coincidentally I just published a blog post about the same
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/aptitude-debian-unstable-and-ubuntu/
which I had been thinking for quite sometime now.

Anyway while I'm no power user, please correct me as I see the things
I have to do.

a. $ sudo aptitude install -t experimental debdelta

b. gksudo leafpad (or whatever favorite text editor)
/etc/debdelta/sources.conf , see if this file is there, if not
add/append it.

[main debian archive]
Origin=Debian
Label=Debian
delta_uri=http://debdeltas.debian.net/debian-deltas

c. Change my /etc/apt/sources.list say from
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.linux.it/ sid main contrib non-free

just to take an example.

d. Then do $sudo aptitude update and then $sudo debdelta-upgrade .

Now while the three above steps seem to be okish, I am not really
certain of the fourth. What I usually do is

$sudo aptitude safe-upgrade as well as $sudo aptitude dist-upgrade and
then see which of them have either some grave/serious bugs which might
make my desktop not so stable ( via apt-listbugs)

Finding the least costly/safe way I usually end up doing

$sudo aptitude install foo (where foo is/are the package/s with the
upgrade) and aptitude does the necessary thing. How would I do the
same with debdelta-upgrade ?

Also how would it work with say something like deb
http://mozilla.debian.net/ experimental iceweasel-5.0

Should I be using the normal aptitude installation or upgrade paths in
such a case ?

Looking forward to info. and any clarifications or something that I
might have mentioned wrong/incorrectly.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल