Re: String freeze for Squeeze?

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Well, given the high standards for git usage I don't know if my git
> foo is good enough for this. It would definitly be faster if someone
> with more knowledge would do this ...

Ask peterk, he offered help. :)

> > Would you be ready to do that and help Christian in his role of
> > translation coordinator?
>
> I guess having suggested this, I should do so. But for this I would
> require at least a rough time frame for the translators to work on.
> When would you estimate 1.15.8.5?

The precise timing depends. If we have RC bugs, we might upload it sooner.
Otherwise it will likely wait until 1.15.8.4 has migrated to testing (and
release managers have asked us to come back end of august with our unblock
request).

But we can safely do another upload afterwards with translation only if
needed. The only requirement is that we get the translations several weeks
before the release.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)