Re: String freeze for Squeeze?

Hello,

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> is there an ETA for string freeze for Squeeze? Some recent
> developments (including their strings) where only briefly visible
> in master before beeing uploaded to sid, leaving translators without
> much time to update their po files.

Yes we are aware of that. I wanted to announce something but wanted to
wait until the code changes are over. And guillem wanted to push even
more changes.

But given the recent discussion with the release team, I think he won't be
allowed to do that. So I suggest that translators work on the sid branch
from now on. 1.15.9 is unlikely to ever reach testing and will probably be
changed into 1.16.0.

But we will upload 1.15.8.5 (or more) later with updated translations.

> Maybe for languages working on the translation of the man
> pages/scripts also a notification could be sent to update their work.

What do you mean?

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)