Re: problems with 3.0 format

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> I'm guess this discussiong is slowly leaving debian-dpkg@ topic,
> though...

Definitely not. I plan to integrate VCS knowledge in dpkg-dev at some
point and I like those discussions so that I can make up my mind on what's

Up to know I was rather thinking of designing a new tool
"vcs-buildpackage" but maybe I simply want to create new source
formats "3.0 (git2quilt)" or "3.0 (bzr2quilt)" and extend the dpkg-source
integration in dpkg-buildpackage. Those new formats would create a "3.0
(quilt)" source package but would require a git or bzr repository to do
its work.

We could create debian/source/local-options to contain the options that should
not be incorporated in the exported source package and which are really
specific either to the VCS or to the maintainer preference.

Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/
My Debian goals: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/09/debian-related-goals-for-2010/