Re: Roadmap for the 1.15.x series

hi guillem,

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 08:20:35AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
>   - Merge back apt-exttracttemplates.
>   - Finish to draft the spec for the debconf integration:
>     <http://wiki.debian.org/DpkgDebconfIntegration>
>   - Implement invoke hooks.
>   - Implement db control-path printing.
>   - Implement --reconfigure??
>
> * Extend conffile support, merge back ucf:
>
>   - Store conffiles at install time.
>     <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/Proposals/ConffileDatabase>
>   - Support registering configuration files.
>   - Add a new dpkg-conffile to handle conffiles (view, diff, rm,
>     restore, etc).

i'm happy to help with both of these, in particular the latter of the two
as i think it's something that would be immensely useful to a large portion
of our userbase.

btw, for the next few months i'm going to have more free time than usual for
debian related activities as well, so please let me know what i can do to
push this forward.

	sean