Re: Transition from dpkg to GNU install-info

Hi,

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:
> I have no checked all packages in the current sid archive for info
> files, extracted all of them and checked with (an updated)
> update-info-dir.
>
> There are about 50 packages where a proper dir entry is missing. GNU
> install-info warns:
> 	warning: no info dir entry in ...
> What should we do with these packages? Should we first file bugs against
> all those packages?

Sure, they have to be fixed. But it should not block the transition IMO.
They can be fixed at any point in time. The documentation is usable, it
simply doesn't appear on the main index, is that right ?

Please use a usertag if you file bugs so that we can track them.

Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/