Re: Roadmap for the 1.15.x series

Hi Sean!

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 20:22:29 +0200, sean finney wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 08:20:35AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> >   - Merge back apt-exttracttemplates.
> >   - Finish to draft the spec for the debconf integration:
> >     <http://wiki.debian.org/DpkgDebconfIntegration>
> >   - Implement invoke hooks.
> >   - Implement db control-path printing.
> >   - Implement --reconfigure??
> >
> > * Extend conffile support, merge back ucf:
> >
> >   - Store conffiles at install time.
> >     <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/Proposals/ConffileDatabase>
> >   - Support registering configuration files.
> >   - Add a new dpkg-conffile to handle conffiles (view, diff, rm,
> >     restore, etc).
>
> i'm happy to help with both of these, in particular the latter of the two
> as i think it's something that would be immensely useful to a large portion
> of our userbase.
>
> btw, for the next few months i'm going to have more free time than usual for
> debian related activities as well, so please let me know what i can do to
> push this forward.

Cool! I was about to ask you to send the conffile patches for review to
the list when I noticed you already did more than one year ago, I had
completely forgotten. :/ I'll be doing the review during this month, but
first I want to take care of some items from my TODO list.

I want to apologize though, for what might have seemed me stone walling
you on this. I lost a great deal of motivation last year due to Debian
itself and due to work, and one consequence was that I dropped the ball
on the conffile stuff (among other things), I've had it (and countless
of other items) in mind as something to be done, but that's not always
enough.

thanks,
guillem