dpkg -i mypackage.deb erase my previous files

Hi,

I'm having problem with dpkg.

I created a application.deb package that will copy files to some places, for example:

/var/app/file1.example
/var/app/file2.example
/var/app/file3.example

I upgrade, everything is fine.

I do a new version of application.deb with the following files, and upgrade (with dpkg -i application.deb)

/var/app/file3.example
/var/app/file4.example
/var/app/file5.example

The error I get is that file1.example and file2.example are erased. It seems to be done by default without me wanting so.

Please let me know what's going on.

Thanks,
Francois

P.S. I've tried to see what version of dpkg I have and the it returns this info "BusyBox v1.13.3"