apt-get wrapper for maintaining Partial Mirrors

Hi all,

We all know that there are various distro's that build around Debian.
I had an idea in mind whereby the task of making mirrors for personal
distributions can be automated. This can be stated as: if a person
wants to keep a customised set of packages for usage with the
distribution, the tool should be able to develop dependencies, fetch
packages, generate appropriate documentation and then create the
corresponding directory structure in the target mirror! The task can
be extended to include packages which are currently not under one of
the standard mirrors!

I think the tool can have immense utility in helping people automate
the task of mantaining the repositories. Suggestions, positive and
negative are invited.

I have not included the impl details as I would first like to evaluate
the idea at a feasibility and utility level.