Re: Architecture in *.dsc files

Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> writes:

> Perhaps inclusive 'or' is meant here. That's the impression I get from
> reading this.

> Perhaps a footnote saying "Here 'or' is meant inclusively" should be
> added.

Well, but that doesn't answer the more fundamental question.  What does
an Architecture field like:

    i386 amd64 all

in a *.dsc file mean?  Currently, Policy is silent here.

Can "any" ever appear in combination with architectures (if, for
example, the package builds some binary packages only on some
architectures and others on all architectures)?

The section also has some comma-splice problems and isn't clear in a few
other ways, so with that information I'll probably rewrite it completely
and try to make it clearer.