Re: Removing obsolete features for the 1.15.x series

On Sun, 10 May 2009, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Also the same logic we apply for the removal of the substvar support
> could be applied to most of the “Build options” as well, as those do
> not make sense in the normal build for official packages (like -U, or
> -D). So if no one sees any problem I'd like to revert back the status
> for this from deprecated to supported.

Fine for me but I would still suggest getting rid of the possibility
to override the Format: field via substvars in dpkg-genchanges. This one
doesn't make sense and complicates needlessly the code. The format can
already be overriden with -D.

And in that case, we should probably also fix dpkg-source to really use
some reasonable default substvars file (currently it has none unless -T is
given, contrary to what --help says).

Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/