Re: Another multiarch decision

> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> So I think for Multi-Arch: abi packages the /usr/share/doc/<package>
>> in its entirety should be renamed and now there is a choice to make:
>
> I like none of your suggestions. I'd like to suggest to rely on the
> work done by Tollef that lets dpkg skip some files in packages. The first
> purpose was to strip doc and locale data in some embedded usage
> but it could be improved with new rules that exclude such common
> name spaces for package which are for another architecture
> than the current one.
>
> Cheers,

So when I install iceweasel 32bit on amd64 (for stupid plugins) I will
have no copyright, changelog nor license? I doubt that would be legal.
Even for libaries there is no garanty that the native flavour of a
library will be present when another architectures flavour is
installed.

If a user wants to skip them that is their problem but Debian shipping
a dpkg that skips them allways or by default would be problematic.

Can you give me an url for Tollefs work? Maybe that can be used to
rename by default.

MfG
        Goswin