Re: Typos in dpkg man pages

Hello Guillem,
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 06:36:35AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 22:34:28 +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > while updating the German translation I noticed the following errors
> > in the man pages. Please do not update the German translation
> > afterwards.
> >
> > #:../../man/dpkg-buildpackage.1:145
> > -(for example by using B</usr/local/bin/make -f debian/rules> as I<rules-file>)
> > +(for example by calling B</usr/local/bin/make -f debian/rules> to build the package)
>
> I don't think this change is correct, as here it's referring to it as
> an argument to a command line option.

Well, as given I don't fully understand the paragraph. I assumed that
this example should show that a different make file (here installed in
/usr/local) could be used. Maybe you can clarify the wording in the
sense you intend it to mean?

> > #: ../../man/dpkg-genchanges.1:85
> > Here I noticed that for some man pages you use B<> to denote file
> > names, while for others you use I<>. This possibly should be unified.
>
> I'll put this in my TODO for the man pages and take a look later.

For this one I'd be grateful if some kind of help for unfuzzing would
be provided ;-))

> > #: ../../man/start-stop-daemon.8:192
> > -"specify a group by appending a B<:>, then the group or gid in the same way "
> > +"specify a group by appending a B<:>, then describe the group or gid in the same way "
>
> I don't think this change is correct either.

Well, it is definitly missing a verb, so if "describe" is incorrect then
insert the right one.

> Thanks for spotting those! they are now fixed in git.

No problem. Are you updating the po files afterwards or is it ok if
translators update the po files (in the latter case: anything to be
careful?)?

Greetings

            Helge