Re: dpkg semi-hijack - an announcement (also, triggers)

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 07:52:28PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > On Sun, 09 Mar 2008, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > With this message I am unilaterally declaring myself a maintainer of
> > > dpkg, and also declaring that Guillem is no longer a maintainer.
> > For the record, Ian has been removed from the "dpkg" group on Alioth and
> > we asked for an UNACCEPT of his upload, but I'm not sure it will be done
> > on time as none of the ftpmasters responded yet to my queries on IRC.
> The package got unaccepted by Anthony Towns.

Beyond that, any additional uploads of dpkg will be REJECTed until you
guys resolve this nonsense. Flamewars on -devel, ignoring functional
patches for months on end, package hijacks and requests for UNACCEPTs
aren't the way to maintain dpkg.

Cheers,
aj