Re: git bikeshedding (Re: triggers in dpkg, and dpkg maintenance)

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh writes ("Re: git bikeshedding (Re: triggers in dpkg, and dpkg maintenance)"):
> On Tue, 04 Mar 2008, Mike Bird wrote:
> > Raphael seems to have the power to block your packages but he has
> > no rational excuse.  Can the tech committee overrule Raphael or
> > does Debian need to fork a dpkg under more sensible maintainers?
>
> Isn't this going way out of proportion?  That's the first I hear from any
> *refuses* to merge, as opposed to "the merge not going to be done the way I
> would like it to happen", and "it is taking too long for it to get merged".

These changes have been ready for 6 months and the only thing
preventing me from pushing and uploading them immediately is
Raphael's objection.

I don't even need him to do any work, just say `yes'.

I think that is exactly blocking.

Ian.