Re: git bikeshedding (Re: triggers in dpkg, and dpkg maintenance)

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh writes ("Re: git bikeshedding (Re: triggers in dpkg, and dpkg maintenance)"):
> On Sun, 02 Mar 2008, Mike Bird wrote:
> > I would argue that even in such cases a better form of insurance
> > would be a design specification, and that if a design specification
>
> Now, that's something I'd like to see happening.  I am used to design
> specifications ending up in the commit log (or not existing at all, which
> really pains me) when dealing with free software development.

Well, I agree with you here.

Of course this triggers feature has a proper specification.  It was
discussed and agreed on debian-dpkg and now resides in the doc/
subdirectory of my dpkg triggers tree, which is what Raphael is
refusing to allow me to merge.

Ian.