Re: Next version plans: string freeze?

Christian Perrier:

> More seriously, I would appreciate if someone could write a small
> README on "how to easily update PO(T) files from the repository",
> without going though all the painful process of whatever magic is
> done when building the package.

I have tried to gather such information from messages posted here on
the list when I have asked. I have a couple of scripts in my local tree
that helps me with the Swedish PO files. Please note that updating .po
files includes updating the .pot (but I usually just skip checking that
in, resetting it back to whatever is on master).

* po/svupdate:
#!/bin/sh
make dpkg.pot-update sv.po-update

* scripts/po/svupdate:
#!/bin/sh
make dpkg-dev.pot-update sv.po-update

(I believe the same works for dselect/po, but that is such a stable
target that I haven't bothered)

* man/po/manpagepoupdate.txt:
For the man pages 'make man.stamp', which I should probably unify with
the rest to use the same form.

(Above is a quote from a reply from the list when I asked for a simple
command; this doesn't seem to work anymore, I get error messages when I
try running it.)

I also have a simple script in the top-level that gives me my current
statistics (again, for Swedish only):

#!/bin/sh
for pofile in $(find . -name sv.po); do
  echo -n "$pofile: "