Re: dpkg-buildpackage now reorganizing debian/control Depends field??

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> On Fr, 22 Feb 2008, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>> > I can understand it might change the list of packages pulled, but both set
>> > are supposed to work since that what dependencies are expressing. If you
>>
>> I disagree. Sometimes alternatives are something we put in to help
>> transition. We have
>> 	... texlive-foo | tetex-bar
>> and if this gets reordered that would be actually a big disadvantage.
>> People will suddently get HUGE amount of packages due to
>> 	tetex-bar depends on several texlive-packages
>
> You're speaking of something that you have not understood. The order
> of packages listed in an OR has not changed... I am (of course) aware
> that the order has a meaning in that case.

As I said, for APT, the order has meaning _always_.

apt-get install foo bar

Is completely different of

apt-get install bar foo

Yes, this is a bug on APT but isn't a easy one and I or Michael will
need to try to solve it :(

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116