Re: ChangeLog handling and git wrapper for translators

Raphael Hertzog writes ("ChangeLog handling and git wrapper for translators"):
> there's lot of duplication between various ChangeLogs and the git commit
> message. This I have written a script to update the various ChangeLogs
> based on the git history. There's even some checks to properly dispatch
> the commits in the various ChangeLogs.

I think this is not quite the right approach.  I would suggest
instead:

 * Delete dpkg/ChangeLog.  This file is useless.

 * When we want complete and accurate commit history, use git log.

 * Ensure that debian/changelog contains human-readable and redacted
   information.  For simple changes `debcommit' does the right thing.
   For more complex changes, perhaps ones which consist of several
   commits, the debian/changelog can be written with coherent
   information by hand.

Ian.