Re: ChangeLog handling and git wrapper for translators

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 10:39:19PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> We'll just have to run "maint-tools/update-changelos" once before each
> release to update all the ChangeLogs. This will avoid many conflicts on
> ChangeLogs... and it will be one hassle less for contributors.

I was wondering if you were aware of the existing git2cl script
(see http://josefsson.org/git2cl/)? It has a very interesting
method of using --numstat to include file information without
having to specify that in the commit message.

Just so that all options are known... I'm still not convinced we
really need a GNU format changelog.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>