Re: dpkg patch

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007, Ryan Lortie wrote:
> I am not interested in forgetting to type -I.git and uploading a tar
> file full of .git/ files.

Note that in the last Debian version of dpkg, "-I" is enough to exclude
all standard RCS related directories.

We also spoke once of creating a user configuration file where we could
add default options for the various commands like dpkg-buildpackage and
dpkg-source. Combined with "-I" it could be enough.

It's another option that could solve your problem.

> An obvious alternative to this whole patch is just to ignore .git (and
> friends) by default.  I'm not convinced that this is a particularly good
> alternative.

Frank already said he didn't want to change the default behaviour. However
we can change this behaviour for newer versions of source package
(like the long-awaited wig&pen aka v2).

Raphaël Hertzog