Re: For dpkg translators: new git instructions

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Peter Karlsson wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog:
>
> > Please understand that this is not useful historical information and
> > as such we'd like to avoid seeing it. We want a single "Update Polish
> > translations" instead of 10 similar commits.
>
> Would doing the incremental updates on a branch and merging it with
> "git merge --squash" achieve the same effect, or would that still
> clutter the repository?

I'm not sure I understand correctly the documentation of that option, but
it appears to be something completely unrelated.

This command seems to apply the changes corresponding to the merge but not
record the merge as a merge, thus losing information concerning the
changes. It looks like this has the potential to hurt... please don't use
it. :)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog