Re: Triggers status?

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 10:13:45 -0400, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> said:

> Colin Watson wrote:
>> I have a change to man-db that uses triggers to update the manual
>> page database automatically, fixing my second oldest remaining
>> bug. I'd love to upload this. While it doesn't break with a
>> non-triggers-supporting dpkg, I'd rather wait until triggers are
>> merged in case their implementation changes incompatibly, so I'm
>> curious as to how long I might need to wait.

> I have a fairly vast number of things that I want to use triggers for
> in debhelper..

        I also would love to have a pre-install trigger (which I think
 is not present in the current patch; I'll be working on that) to ensure
 that a SELinux policy for a package is loaded before the package in
 unpacked; so that dpkg would be aware of initial security contects for
 files and directories before we unpack a package for the first time.

        manoj
--
"Linux: the operating system with a CLUE... Command Line User
Environment". (seen in a posting in comp.software.testing)