Triggers status?

Hi,

I was wondering what the status of merging Ian's triggers work is; I
can't find any comments by the dpkg maintainers on it.

I have a change to man-db that uses triggers to update the manual page
database automatically, fixing my second oldest remaining bug. I'd love
to upload this. While it doesn't break with a non-triggers-supporting
dpkg, I'd rather wait until triggers are merged in case their
implementation changes incompatibly, so I'm curious as to how long I
might need to wait.

Thanks,