Re: Manual pages and POD format

Hello,

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 07:16:49AM +0300, Guillem Jover wrote:

> I don't have much problem with roff manpages. Also if they are currently
> considered not readable, that could be improved as well, as an
> alternative. Something else to consider is the po4a interaction.

I don't have much problems with roff manpages neither.
As long as the roff pages stay simple, then the only readability
issue of roff is the formatting of fonts.

Regarding po4a, I have never made such conversion. I expect some changes
in the strings, but not that much.
(po4a uses the pod formatting for fonts in the PO messages)
(and po4a could maybe even be used to check that no unexpected changes
were introduced during the conversion)

Maybe pod has a minor issue regarding translations, which is that the
title (the last argument to the .TH command) must be specified on the
pod2man command line and is thus harder to translate. But I would not
complain if it is not translated.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral