Re: Updating the PO files

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 08:33:09 +0100, Peter Karlsson wrote:
> How does one go about to update the POT and PO files in the repository?

You'll need to autoreconf the source tree and configure it.

To update both you can run 'make update-po', to only update the .pot
file, you can run 'make $domain.pot-update', with domain being one of
dpkg, dpkg-dev, dselect.

For the man pages 'make man.stamp', which I should probably unify with
the rest to use the same form.

> I wonder since I noted that the manual page PO files weren't updated
> until minutes before the 1.14.6 release, which means that none of the
> translations were complete for it. I saw the change in the manual page,
> but was unable to figure out how to update the PO file on time.

I usually try to do that way before the release but that's one of the
problems of keeping autogenerated files under an scm (which is just
wrong), you have to keep them in sync all the time, and it pollutes
the commits, etc.

regards,
guillem