Re: Protect directory/file ?

* Sun, 19 Aug 2007 19:25:02 +0000 (UTC)

>> Ondrej Balaz <ondra@blami.net> writes:
>>
||| I'm sorry, my english is bad.
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> exists any way to protect directories and files against apt/dpkg changes ?
||| is there any tool...
>>>
>>> I'm using lot of modifications to make my Debian perfect for me (for example
||| I use a lot...
>>> modified init scripts, udev rules or my own /etc/apache2 layout).
>>> This is big pain everytime when I update packages - all files meant
||| This is a
>>> as program parts (no configuration files) are overwritten and changes
>>> I've made are lost. Then I must move proper files from my backup to
>>> their directories.
||| (why not to help each other? Or education is only for rich? Or native
||| speakers are just too proud of it?)

I'm developing a tool to run before dpkg's unpacking takes place. What
i do, is removing stuff from packages, kind of more crazy localepurge.

See my recent posts in debian-dpkg or google for "geloiwa".

After reading config file .../etc/iwant, do what ever you what (i.e write
your config :). All tools to start are there.

If you will really do, then let me know, because i have some fixes to
upload for what is published.

--
-o--=O`C
 #oo'L O