Re: Draft spec for new dpkg "triggers" feature

On Friday 02 February 2007 00:02, Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk>
wrote:
> If you want a general purpose hook, or some crazy SE-Linux-specific
> feature, then you should probably propose one.  Personally I think a
> general purpose hook feature would probably be abused so should not be
> provided, and I think SE-Linux is no more than an interesting research
> project and should not be deployed (ever) so obviously we shouldn't
> have any code in dpkg for it.

I'm curious, do you have the same attitude towards non-executable stack
(Exec-Shield/PaX/OpenWall), Poly-Instantiated directories, and PIE
executables?

I'm just wondering if you want Debian to have less security than Fedora in all
areas.

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.blogspot.com/          My Blog