Re: Suggesting new method to handle dpkg diversions

Hi,

> Have you ever used dpkg-divert in a package? Ever run into the problem
> how to properly remove a diversion on upgrade or remove? In what
> script to do it? Limited to which $1 arguments?

The problems that I have run into with diversions is that some random
package diverted a file in my package.  I had no idea this was the case
until I got a bug report because my package failed to configure with
that diverted file in place.

This might be mainly a social problem.  But if there was a possibility
to list diverted files distribution-wide (similar to
http://www.de.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents), it might
help.

Regards, Frank

--