Re: How are things going?

Steve Langasek wrote:
> Since "Breaks field" here means "doesn't complain about the Breaks field",
> rather than "honors the Breaks field", these changes look ok.
>
> As far as *implementing* Breaks, I don't think a new feature of that level
> should be introduced during a freeze.

Couldn't it be potentially dangerous to have a dpkg in a released
version of Debian that silently ignores Breaks? It seems it would both
allow for much foot-shooting by anyone who tries to install packages
from another source that use Breaks, as well as prevent us from using
Breaks in any packages in etch+1, since upgrades won't work.

--
see shy jo