Re: dpkg devel cycle

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 12:01:56 -0600, Bruce Sass wrote:
> Now Testing appears to have everything it needs to allow for a freeze on
> Unstable->Testing migrations and independent updates to Testing...
> which should allow development to continue in Unstable without
> affecting the version in Testing or the release cycle.

That's true for most of the packages in Debian, but not for toolchain
ones. Also even if we have t-p-u, the amount of testing performed on
the packages moving from there instead of from usntable is a bit
different (the magnitude of the changes may make this irrelevant,
though).

> [...] is there any reason why development on dpkg should stop until
> after the next release?

One could be that dpkg is used to build packages that transition to
testing, thus affecting it, even if dpkg would not migrate...

regards,
guillem