Plans for next upload(s)

Hi all.

Ok, 1.13.13 was uploaded to unstable and we got no new RC bugs so far :)
I would like to remain on a tight schedule for now to not accumulate
to much changes for each upload. Plus any day a dpkg change is in
unstable before the freeze is a day more where people can detect
breakages in it...

So my current plan is to leave roughly one week for commits and then
preparing an upload to experimental again for a few days of testing
before uploading to unstable.

@Christian: I would like to see your po4a patch for the man pages in the
next upload so if that timeline doesn't work with your schedule please
just say so.

Any other big pending changes?

I've already committed a lot of existing patches from dpkg-dev bugs
including Don Armstrongs part-rewrite dpkg-scanpackages patch. Patches
that are definetly on my todo list for the next upload are
#350064: [DPKG-SHLIBDEPS] handling of local dependencies unreliable for
  biarch packages
#105750: [DPKG-SOURCE] touch all patched files to avoid race conditions
  (some first investigations showed that we probably will have to
   wait until etch+1 to be able to use diff's timestamps since the
   1.10 branch apparently never got fixed to be able to at least
   ignore them. 1.13 seems to be fixed already, though)
I have also begun to prepare a status overview for
#315784: dependencies should ensure md5sum is present
which I will finish and post in the next few days.

Help and comments about my findings in
#349442: dpkg: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed (abort)
is of course welcome.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>