Create a project on Alioth and choose a RCS?

Well, it seems to me that there's some urgency to setup the
infrastructure for dpkg maintenance, choose (at least temporarily) a
RCS and all this administrivia....

So, are there some strong objections to the creation of a "dpkg"
project on Alioth, along with the request to create a SVNB repository?

My own feeling is that is needed at least during the time that the
team is being built. It seems quite urgent as, after all, there are
only a few months before the etch freeze.

Spkeaking so, I understand I may give others the feeling that I'm
taking the lead or whatever else.

Again, as I said when Scott contacted the four of us he did set as
Uploaders for dpkg in the transition upload, I certainly can't do it
because I certainly lack the appropriate skills....and free time..:-)

However, at least during the transition phase, we are in a time where
things have to be done and done ASAP.

So, my proposal is:

-create "dpkg" on Alioth
-request for a SVN repository
-import the current sources in the trunk of this SVN
-release a new version with maintenance changes if we feel it needed:
 - Maintauner is currently an invalid address, on purpose, we should
   change it to somethign that can receive bug reports and check that
   we don't miss the bug reports

Are there any strong objections to all this. If not, my intent is
requesting the Alioth project tomorrow morning (European Time). Then
adding Frank, Brendan and Guillem as project admins. Dato also
mentioned the will to contribute, so adding you, Dato, seems worth it.