building 32bit and 64bit packages in one run

Hi folks,

Hopefully this is the correct mailing list. I've got a
question about building debs for i386 and amd64: If I
add

	Package: mydeb
	Architecture: i386 amd64
	:
	:
	Package: mydeb-32bit
	Architecture: amd64
	:
	:

into the src/debian/control file, then it works on
amd64, but on i386 I get an error message saying

:
dh_gencontrol
dpkg-gencontrol: error: current build architecture i386 does not appear in package's list (amd64)
dh_gencontrol: command returned error code 65280
make[1]: *** [binary-common] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/mydeb/mydeb-1.0.1'
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 2
Build command 'cd mydeb-1.0.1 && dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc' failed.
E: Child process failed

Is there an option to dh_gencontrol or dpkg_gencontrol
to ignore packages for foreign build architectures only?

Regards

Harri