Re: Building debs: Interesting inter-dependency conundrum.

Previously Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> This much I know:  I need to set "Depends: bee" in "eh"'s control file
> to have the brand new "bee" package installed during the upgrade of
> "eh".

Right.

> But the twist is that "eh" needs to be configured (I don't care what
> order they are unpacked in) prior to "bee" because "eh"('s postinst)
> does work that needs to be done before "bee"'s configuration/postinst
> can be done.

Ugh. The only way I can think of to enforce that is to have bee
Pre-Depend on eh, but I'm not quite sure it that will work as well since
it isn't a standard dependency cycle which dpkg will break.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net>    It is simple to make things.