Re: Processed: force-overwrite bugs

If you're going to make them grave then they belong to debianutils
rather than coreutils (on the argument that it renders debianutils
unusable on upgrade.) Here's what I don't understand:

(31)osgiliath:/tmp> apt-cache show coreutils
Package: coreutils
Essential: yes

IOW, coreutils is set up to replace debianutils, so none of these bugs
makes any sense. Maybe reassign to dpkg, or am I missing something
obvious? Note that policy section 7.5.1 says:
 If an installed package, foo say, declares that it replaces another,
 bar, and an attempt is made to install bar, dpkg will discard files in
 the bar package which would overwrite those already present in foo. This
 is so that you can install an older version of a package without
problems.
By my reading of that a debianutils package without readlink should be
unnecessary.

Mike Stone