Re: (inc. note from dpkg developers) Re: Bug#XXXXXX: (far too many packages) needs rebuilt for prelinking

#include <hallo.h>
* Adam Heath [Tue, Jan 14 2003, 01:27:26PM]:
> > At which point you have duplicates of all your libraries.  In addition
> > to wasting 167MB on my system, you've created a whole slew of
> > unreproducible bug reports when libraries get out of sync.
>
> Not the entire file, just the needed preload data.  Similiar in idea to
> /etc/ld.so.cache, or /lib/i686/ style optimiations.

It would be simple to avoid dupes if you implement conditional
dependencies (#77324). Unfortunately, you show traces of the same
fanatical antipathy as Wichert when it comes to useful extensions of
dpkg features.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Linux - aus klaren Quellen wird ein starker Strom.